Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What is it that counts?

For the fiftieth time, it's the thought...that counts.  

Right?  Really.  Get real.  If that were true, my book would be done right now and the LA Kings would have a Stanley Cup banner hanging from the rafters at Staples Center.  I'd need a few abacuses (abacusi?) to tally the times I have thought about my book and Stanley's hardware coming to LA (damn 1993 les canadiens).  Yet neither has happened.  What counts, at the end of the day, is making your thoughts happen.

What to blog, what to blog?
Ah, it is the thought that counts!
The best experiences of my life generally followed a simple pattern:  think, then act.  I'm not sure one is necessarily more important than the other, though even if I did I would pause to make such a claim.  That is some heavy stuff.

Think too much and you are nothing but a dreamer or someone that is tied into the details so much that it is impossible to accomplish much of anything.  Act completely on impulse without thought, of any kind, and you are bound to get yourself in trouble, even if some good old fashioned fun intervenes along the way.  Bluff the entire time at a poker table, and soon enough you will get called.

It isn't always easy, but I truly believe that you have to put yourself out there if you want anything out of this life.  And along those lines, it probably makes sense to think about it a little bit before you take that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...