Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ikea Handle the Truth!

Now I am not one to complain, living aboard the Ikea cruise ship has been a dream come true for me.  Who hasn't walked around Ikea and told themselves that they could totally live in that 500 sq ft apartment?  Many a times between meatballs, that was exactly what I told myself - and now, well we are living that perverse dream.  Our little flat is decked out with Ikea furniture, cookware, and appliances.  So many compartments to keep me organized!    

Score: IKEA 1 - Dominic 0
With our appliances, comes the oft hysterical instructions.  Is that a man or a polar bear?  If you have put together a table, shoe rack, or scrapbook storage box from the giant blue and yellow retailer than you know exactly what I am talking about.  This is totally fine when you are building something you dragged out of the self-service warehouse since there is generally only one right way and they give you the tool to make it happen.  You finish the funky-cheap-ass table and show it off to anyone who will pay attention to you, voila!  

I found the Swedish comic book pictures a little more challenging during my first attempt to do the wash.  The towels were soaking wet and when it was all said and done I found the soap unharmed and mocking me from the safety of its little soap rack.  I would like to point out to you, Ikea washing machine, that it was Ikea towels that you failed to wash with that unused soap biscuit.  You let down your own kind, not me.  

You see, I will get you next time little stencil man!

Life is all about trial and errors here in Her Majesty's Kingdom, and I am really enjoying the ride.  Now on to happy writing...

2 comments:

  1. Your feeling a little like Palahniuk's "everyman" aren't you? Don't go all Durden on us.........xo gigi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...